Digital Lincoln - Picture Archive Of A City

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Low Hits = Low Posts

I've been running this photoblog of over 10 weeks, I've been running my other one for just two weeks and it has more hits than this one :( So as no-one is really interested in pictures of Lincoln, I'll only post in this blog when I feel like it, if hits go up I'll have a re-think, until then, only occasional posts as I feel like it.

Nomatter what I've tried, you can almost never find it on Google either, the problem is "Lincoln", the a very popular American car, they all come above this site for starters :( I've put more into promotion of this site then I have the other one too.

Thanx for everyone's interest.

3 Comments:

  • the hit counter has jumped, but i did it cos im adding this counter to my other blog. you can knock 1000 off the value to be realistic

    By Blogger Lancelot Lincoln, at 1:32 pm  

  • Generally area specific photo blogs will never be popular unless you live in New York or some other amazing city. Not that I'm saying anything is wrong with Lincoln it's just that it will only be visited by people from Lincoln or Lincoln ex-pats. Usually.

    The only reason mine is more popular than I thought it would be is because anything with my net name plastered all over it will be quite high in Google rankings because of the success of my main site.

    Regardless, I reckon a photo blog is a labour of love anyway and it should be done for the pleasure rather than expecting visitor numbers. I would be happy if only 2 or 3 people visited every day as long as I thought they had enjoyed seeing their own city on the net as most of my visitors are generally ex-pats.

    Also I think it's the kind of thing you should only update occasionally anyway. I've only added 2 new pages in the last month or so.

    If my opinion counts for anything I would also suggest you let go of thoughts about visitor numbers and just enjoy what you do. Treat it as a hobby sort of thing and visitors will come evntually as long as you update once or twice a month.

    One good idea is to find Flickr groups about Lincoln or cathedrals or whatever else you plan to add in the future and give it a plug there. Are you a member of Flickr?

    Sorry for the length.
    Actually that's a phrase I mutter to my wife occasionally. ;)

    Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger ILuvNUFC, at 8:29 pm  

  • Don't worry about visitor numbers. Just enjoy what you do. Some sites are 'slow burners' and Lincoln/shire is under-represented on the Web; we need all the bloggers and photographers we can get.

    By Anonymous Chris at Lincoln Pix, at 2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home